Fit is king when it comes to men’s suitings and being sharply dressed. However, just like most rulers have trained staff members working behind the scenes to make them look good at all times, in his corner, the well-dressed man also needs a professional worker. Here’s everything you need to find the right person for men’s fashion in Singapore.
Usually, some men employ the services of their fathers’ tailors to assist them with their wardrobe needs. However, others rely on the knowledgeable tailored suit salesman to make the right introductions.
Given the shortage of good tailors, it isn’t easy to find one who can suit your needs. These tips can help you find a tailor who delivers work of superior quality and can be reliably relied on.
- Educate Yourself: You have to be knowledgeable before you meet with an accomplished tailor. This occurs when you have a base for men’s style essentials and tailored suits in Singapore. Men don’t usually waste time thinking about men’s suits, business shirts, or men’s clothes. As a consequence, the overall look of a suit will sway them, and they do not investigate its design. You can appreciate style details such as the fit of suit jackets, working cuff buttonholes, and the break on a pair of trousers until you grasp the complexity of men’s clothing details. You can start your quest when you feel comfortable with the language of tailors about custom menswear.
- Communication Skills: Consider whether you believe you can work with them when you interview tailors. Check their communication ability, for instance. Are they nice? Are they listening to you, or are they trying to impose their points of view on you? Tailors can have the required experience; however, strong communication skills need to balance this.
- The Satisfaction Rate of the Tailor: Before the client is satisfied, the tailor must not be satisfied. Therefore, one who knows your idea of an ideal match and actively seeks to achieve this will be a tailor worth cultivating a long-term relationship with.
- Style and Timeless Fashion: The history of each tailor will differ to add their uniqueness to their job. This is where it comes in handy for your primary education about menswear and classic designs. It helps you identify a tailor who understands the style of clothing of classic men. Without seeming outdated, such a tailor would design outfits that last for years.
- Samples of Work: Look for work samples that validate the claims of the tailor. If there are no visible flaws in the overall garment, study the details, such as the stitching, the construction, the silhouette, etc. The stitching should look secure and clean. For you to incorporate your clothing, the structure and silhouette must be appealing enough.
- Availability: There is a constant demand for and demand for the best tailors. You could therefore experience extensive wait times. You might, however, occasionally need the tailor’s services at very brief notice. Therefore, look for a tailor who values loyalty and goodwill and on short notice, can attend to you.