If you have a garage, you know how important it is to keep your garage door in good working order. After all, a malfunctioning garage door can be a severe safety hazard. It can be a significant inconvenience if your car is stuck inside the garage and you can’t get it out.
That’s why it’s essential to look for warning signs that your garage door might need repair. By catching these red flags early, you can avoid more serious (and expensive) problems down the road.
Signs that garage door needs repair
Here are age warning signs that your garage door might need repair
- The door is making strange noises: If your garage door is making loud, screeching noises every time you open or close it, that’s a sign that something is wrong. It could indicate that the springs or pulleys are starting to wear out.
- The door is opening or closing slower than usual: If it’s taking longer than average for your garage door to open or close, that’s another sign that something might be wrong. Again, this is usually due to worn-out springs or pulleys.
- The door isn’t opening or closing all the way: If your garage door only opens part of the way or doesn’t close all the way, that’s a third sign that repair might be needed. It could be caused by several things, including misaligned tracks, loose hardware, or a broken spring.
- Gaps separate the door and the ground: Finally if there are significant gaps between the bottom of your garage door and the ground when the door is closed, that’s a fourth sign that you should call a professional for repair assistance. These gaps can cause severe security and energy efficiency issues.
- The door is off its tracks: If you notice that your garage door appears to be off its tracks, you should call a professional immediately. It is a severe issue that can cause the door to become stuck or even collapse.
- The remote isn’t working: If you have a garage door opener, then you know how convenient it is to be able to open and close your door with the push of a button. But if your remote starts acting up or stop working entirely, that’s a sign that something is wrong with your garage door opener.
- The keypad isn’t working: In addition to a remote, many garage door openers also come with a keypad. It allows you to open the door even if you don’t have the remote. But if the keypad starts having issues, that’s another sign of a problem with your opener.
- The garage door opener’s light is blinking: Finally, if the light on your door opener starts blinking, that’s a sign of a problem with the opener. Most likely, you need to replace the battery. But it’s also possible that a more severe issue will require professional assistance.
When to call a professional
If you notice any of the above warning signs, then it’s time to call a professional for help. While you might be tempted to try to fix the problem yourself, garage doors are complex pieces of machinery. They often require special tools and equipment to which the average person doesn’t have access. They can be very dangerous to work on if you don’t know what you’re doing.
So, instead of trying to fix the problem yourself, it’s much better to call a professional from the beginning. That way, you can avoid worsening the problem and costing yourself more money in the long run.
A1 Garage is one of the US leading garage door repair companies, servicing 15 states. They have over 25 years of experience and are proud to offer same-day service for most repairs. They also offer 24/7 emergency service for those times when you need repair assistance right away.
Why is it important to repair your garage door?
It’s essential to repair your garage door for several reasons. First, a broken garage door can be a severe security risk. If the door isn’t opening or closing correctly, it is much easier for burglars to break in.
In addition, a broken garage door can also be a safety hazard. If the door is not entirely shutting or is off its tracks, then that could cause it to fall and injure someone. And if the opener is having issues, then that could also lead to an accident.
Finally, a broken garage door can also cost you a lot of energy bills. If there are gaps around the door, then that means your home is losing heat in the winter and cool air in the summer. You can help improve your home’s energy efficiency and save money on utility bills by repairing those gaps.
Keep an eye out for these Warning Signs of Garage Door Repair so you can avoid any serious security, safety, or energy efficiency issues in your home. If you notice any warning signs, don’t hesitate to call a professional for assistance. It will be worth keeping your garage door in good working order in the long run.